- Education is the process of
A. attending school.
B. being able to read and write.
C. acquiring book knowledge.
D. human learning
2. Seeking white-collar jobs in the cities by the youth is the result of
A. western education.
B. higher education.
C. informal education.
D. technical education.
3. The objectivity of a school is to provide
formal education whereby
A. culture of a person are taught.
B. hidden abilities and talents of people are identified and developed.
C. children are taught to clean and
D. children are initiated into ethnic
4. Which of the following are causes of
moral degeneration among the youth
(1) Peer pressure.
2) The church.
3) The mass media.
A.1 and 2 only.
C. 1,3 and 4 only.
B. 3 and 4 only.
D All the above.
- Rules that govern the behaviour of
people in the society are their
6. Which of the following factors can not help to equip a child to help build his society?
C. Respect for old age.
D. Show of gratitude.
- The introduction of foreign culture has eroded our rich cultural values like…
A. respect of old age and hospitality
B. disrespect for elders in society.
C. violent and immoral acts such as rape
D. disco and video show.
- Socialization means
A. the sum total of one’s beliefs and
B. cultural transmission from generation to generation.
C. diffusion of our cultural heritage.heritage
D. norms in society.
- How many clans do the Akans
- Informal education generally includes all the following except :
- The belief that each ethnic group and its values are the best is known as
- Culture in its totality is
A. singing, drumming and dancing
B. customs of the people.
C. the norms of the people.
D away of life of a given people.
13.This is referred to as a dynamic society.
A. Society that grows in numerical
B. Society that has too many taboos.
C. Society that makes changes to suit the changing times.
D. Society that develops with beautiful infrastructure.
- A situation where some members of society do not want to conform to the norms, rules, and law of the society is known as
A. abnormal behaviour.
B. deviant behaviour.
C. good behaviour.
D. societal behaviour.
- Ethnic pluralism is a case for
C. the unity of many cultures.
- One method affirming spiritual values in Ghana is the celebration of
C. enstoolment of chiefs.
D. war victories.
- The term used to describe the
relationship amongst persons from a
common ancestor is
A. a lineage.
B. a clan.
C. the extended family.
- The process of cultural transmission
within human society is known as
A. social interaction.
B. social communication.
- Which of the following can be
classified as non-material culture?
A. Household goods.
D. Place of worship.
- Formal education during the colonial period placed more emphasis on
A. science education.
B. vocational training.
C. literary education.
D. physical training
- Hegemony literally means……Absolute control………
- In pre-colonial Africa, societies had no absolute control over their own people. This implies that these societies were……….
- A group of people with common sense of togetherness is termed….
- The very element that identifies the Africa society is
- The imposition of borders on Africa stated created the following except…..
A. illogical territorial units
B. inappropriate economic units
C. dentist movement
D. weak link between states and civil society
- The transmission pattern of marriage, and sex roles from parents to the younger ones is….
- Language, money, and arts are not symbols.
- Culture is integrated, is also known as
- …… is the most important symbolic components of culture.
- Culture is spread from generation to generation through
- The scholar who first coined and defined culture is
A. Edward B. Taylor
C. Emile Durkhem
- The do’s of norms are referred to as
- A society’s standard of proper moral conduct is
- Beliefs and practices that are practiced by any particular society.
A. Social change
B. Social values
C. Cultural change
D. Cultural values
- Social values are backed by customary laws.
- A branch of philosophy that deals with values embracing boh ethics and aesthetic is …AXIOLOGY……
- Kenya’s education system is structured on which model is
- In Kenya, formal schooling begins at age
- Ghana obtained its independence in
- The first formal elementary school in Ghana was set by
A. Dr. Kwame Nkrumah
B. J. J Rawlings
C. Philip Quaque
D. Ako Agyei
- “Nyansa ahyese ne Nyamesuro” translates in English as ……THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINING OF WISDOM……………
- The Wesleyan and Basel missionaries established schools in the following except
- Which of these two princes were sent to Cape Coast castle school to be educated
A. Yaw Akoto and Osei Bonsu
B. Owusu Ansah and Owusu Kwantabisa
C. Yaw Akoto and Owusu Kwantabisa
D. Osei Bonsu and Owusu Ansah
- In Ghanaian education system, the academic calendar usually goes from
A. September to August
B. August to July
C. September to July
D. August to May
- The movement of goods, animals and humans from one location to another is ……
D. All of the above
- Choose the odd one out
A. Pipeline and space
B. Cable and space
C. Air and land, water
D. None of the above
- Governance came from the Latin verb “gubernare” which means..
A. to control
B. to manage
C. to govern
D. to steer
- The dominance by the Europeans over Africa states is termed
- Explain Moniless Economy