Success in examination depends on how prepared one becomes before writing his/her examination and you cannot take solving or learning past questions out from the preparation. This is why sample questions (past questions) is given out to help you prepare well your exams. Our main motive, is to provide the necessary materials which will help students pass their exams successfully.
THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT
- a. What is social environment
b. Discuss the level four of influences of the social environment on human.
- Discuss five possible steps to eliminate inequalities between men and women in Ghana.
a. Differentiate between Agents and Agencies of Socialization.
b. Examine four aspects of the importance of socialization.
a. State four various residential positions of married couple.
b. Discuss four contributions of marriage in national integration.
a. What is critical thinking?
b. Explain four classroom conditions that can be used to promote critical thinking.
EDUCATING INDIVIDUALS WITH DIVERSE LEARNING NEEDS
- Identify and explain any five ways in which the classroom teacher can handle Special Needs Children in a regular classroom to enable them learn effectively.
- a) Explain the term disability’.
b) Discuss with examples any four environmental factors (home and school) that can cause disability in children.
- a) Explain the concept “Communication Disorder”.
b) As a teacher, discuss four ways by which you can assist children with speech disorders in
- Though Inclusive Education is universally accepted, its practice has been fraught with lots of
impediments. With specific examples from your community, explain four of the impediments.
- In spite of the numerous benefits associated with the use of labelling, it has received lots of
criticisms in literature. Discuss four of the arguments.
- Recognising the important role assessment plays in the field of special needs education, you
have been appointed by the Special Education Division to lead a team to assess children’s
special needs for curriculum decisions. Discuss four principles you would like your team to
focus on in conducting the assessment.
- Examine the impact the following have on classroom management in your community:
i Noise level
ii. Seating arrangement
ill. Rules and regulations
- Explain the following types of refractive errors:
b. Discuss three strategies regular schools could adopt to accommodate the visually impaired
- a. What is special education?
b. Discuss any five ways in which you can distinguish special needs education from regular education
- a. Describe three symptoms which may suggest to you, as a teacher, that a child has a hearing
b. Suggest any three measures you can use to assist a child with a hearing problem to perform better.
- a. As a teacher, how would you explain the term “learning disabilities?’
b. Describe five characteristics children with learning disabilities exhibit.
- a. What is meant by informal assessment in special needs education?
b. Describe any five types of informal assessment in special needs education.
PRINCIPLES AND METHODS OF TEACHING IN BASIC SCHOOLS
- Discuss any FIVE advantages in using instructional materials to teach a lesson.
- Briefly explain the differences between the following methods of teaching
a) Inductive and deductive methods
b) Reception and discovery methods
c) Case studies and simulations
d) Projects and problem solving methods
- a) Describe any FOUR kinds of questions you know
b) Explain any TWO reasons why teachers ask questions in teaching
- Discuss TWO uses of EACH of the following instructional materials
a) The chalkboard
b) The flannel board
d) Graphic materials
e) Printed materials
- (a) Describe any four types of groups used in classroom interaction.
- (b) Explain any five reasons why a beginning teacher needs to acquire
- Discuss any five principles that should guide you in the use of the project
approach to teaching.
- (a) Explain any five reasons why it is essential to employ discussion approaches in your teaching.
(b) Describe any five roles you can undertake to make discussion on
effective teaching and learning approach.
- (a) Distinguish between ‘intrinsic motivation’ and ‘extrinsic motivation’.
(b) Discuss the use of any five stimulus variation techniques for instructional