- Aggie obtained 70 marks in an examination. If the mean score for the class was 60, with a variance of 16, what was Aggie’s Z-score?
2. The phi correlation coefficient is most appropriate as a measure of linear relationship between two variables when the variables are
A. artificial dichotomies.
B. categorical and ranked.
C. continuous and ranked.
D) natural dichotomies.
3. Which one of the following percentiles lie above the second quartile but lower than third quartile?
4. All of these are properties of the variance or standard deviation except it
A. gives more weight to extreme values.
B is independent of change of scale.
C, is not resistant to outliers..
D. uses all values in the distribution.
5. Which one of the following measures of spread is most useful in further statistical analysis?
A. Decile deviation.
B. Quartile deviation.
C. Semi-interquartile range.
D. Standard deviation
6. A tutor wishes to find the relationship between gender in her class and their academic
performance. What is the most useful measure of relationship to use?
A. Person’s product moment coefficient age a test
B. Phi coefficient.
C. Point-biserial coefficient.
D. Spearman’s rank coefficient.
7. The correlation between attendance and academic performance has been found to be -0.71 in a research study. The result of the study implies that a student with a score in attendance
is more likely to score in academic performance.
A high; high.
B. low; high
C. low; low
D. moderate; moderate
8. Which of the following correlation coefficient indicates the strongest relationship?
9. After analysing his test scores in statistics, a teacher observed that the score at the third quartile was forty (40). This means that
A. 25% of the students scored less than 40.
В. 40% of the students scored less than 75.
С 75 of the students scored 40.
D 75% of the students scored less than 40.
10. In a data distribution, variance is a measure of
11. Given that Anokye obtained 80 in an mination with a mean score of 70 and a Z-score of 2,
what is the standard deviation for the class?
12. The variance of test scores of 16 students is 25. What is the standard deviation of the test?
13. The descriptive statistics of a mathematics quiz scores showed that the mean score was 48 and the standard deviation was 6.4. Which of the following describes the score of a student who obtained 62? The student’s score is
standard deviations ……. the mean.
A. 2.5; above
B 2.5; from
C. 9.6; above BONUS QUESTION
D. 16; from
14. After analysing the Statistics test scores, a lecturer observed that 48% of the students scored less than 56. What is the symbolic expression of this observation?
А. Р44 = 48
В. P48 = 56
C. Ps2 = 56
D. Рѕ6 =- 48
15. The first quartile (Qı) in a distribution of scores is 10. The third quartile (Qs) is 40. What is the value of the semi-interquartile range?
16. The scores obtained by a student on four different tests with their respective mean scores and standard deviations are presented below. Which of the tests did the student perform best?
A. X = 52, x = 48, SD = 6
B. X = 68, X = 65, SD = 8
C. X= 70, 8= 75, SD= 8
D X= 72, X= 64, SD=10
17. Emelia’s score in a final examination is at the 65th percentile of the scores in the class. Emelia’s score lies ………
A. above the third quartile.
В. at the median. C. below the first quartile.
D. between the median and the third quartile:
18. Martin’s percentile rank in an end-of-year examination was 20. His actual examination score was 60. This information means that he performed worse than ………. of the students in the class
- A researcher wishes to determine the degree of relationship between the scores in a final
examination and gender of the students. What is the most appropriate correlation statistic’ to
A. Pearson’s product moment correlation coefficient
B. Phi correlation coefficient.
C Point-biserial correlation coefficient.
D. Spearman’s rank correlation coefficient
- Given that a student obtained 17 in a quiz with a mean of 14 and standard deviation of 2. What
is the T-score of the student?
Note that: Another set of objectives questions will be published soon with answers. Our target and hope is to get some of these questions in the exams. I know this is the mid semester quiz, but go through them again. Not only the answers but how to solve them as well. Essay type questions will be available also. Kindly scroll down the page, you will see “Subscribe via email” Input your email and confirm. When you do this, you easily get any updates here in your email.