Refund 60% of feeding component to trainees- GTEC orders College principals

You may recall that due to the COVID19 pandemic, some courses in the Colleges of Education for the 2020/2021 academic year were delivered online, with the students participating from home.

As a result, students in Levels 200 and 300 had to spend six (6)
weeks per semester on the online sessions. Meanwhile part of the feeding grants for this period were paid to the Colleges.


The students have requested a refund of the feeding allowances paid to the Colleges for the periods they were at home. On the other hand the Principals of the Colleges cited a number of reasons, including rising cost of food items and other logistics, including cost of providing internet connectivity for the Learning Management System.


Having reviewed the submissions of the students and management of the Colleges on the matter, I am to inform you that the Hon. Minister for Education has directed that 60% of the feeding component in contention be refunded to the students whilst the remaining 40% is retained by the Principals on account of the extra costs incurred by the Colleges.

READ ALSO: Reopening date for first and continuing students of Colleges of Education


Kindly therefore take note and act accordingly.

LEGACYNEWSGH

Qweku Styles

Mommy and Daddy call me Chris. Colleagues call me Osei and more recent friends call me Kuffour. I choose both mom and dad as my favorite. I am a writer and freelancer. I happily share my experiences crisscrossing on social media. Follow us: Facebook: Legacynewsgh Twitter: @Alpha_Qweku Instagram: QwekuStyles WhatsApp: 0561354834/0593725660

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.